Ryan Phillippe Bites Back Against Domestic Abuse Claims
Ryan Phillippe is battling back against claims that he threw his ex-girlfriend down a flight of stairs, kicked her and struck her during a heated argument in July.
Earlier this week, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly that Elsie Hewitt filed a $1 million lawsuit against Phillippe, whom she accused of assaulting her on July 4. In a new message on Twitter, Phillippe bites back against the claims, and says he’s “disgusted” by what he sees as lies.
from me pic.twitter.com/ipE2qRiItt
— dr. philz (@RyanPhillippe) September 19, 2017
“I am saddened and disgusted by the false allegations being circulated about me. At the time these allegations were initially made, I fully cooperated with law enforcement and a thorough investigation was conducted,” he noted. “As a man, raised by a woman, in a household where women’s rights, feminism and advocacy were very much at the forefront, I am sickened that my name can be found in any article where domestic violence of any kind is being alleged.”
Phillippe said that he’s used to celebrity gossip, but that “this time is different.”
“Domestic violence is a very real and tragic issue faced by many women [in] the world over and should never be used to vengefully slander or as a play for monetary gain. This is wrong. This is not who I am,” he noted. “Every one of my accuser’s allegations are false.”
Then + Now: 00s Heartthrobs