City of Victoria Closing All Non Emergency City Facilities @ Noon
The City of Victoria is closing all non-emergency city facilities at noon today.
If you were thinking of heading downtown to pay your water bill today, you need to hurry. The City of Victoria is closing at noon today.
The City of Victoria will close all non-emergency City facilities starting at noon Monday because of expected inclement weather due to Tropical Storm Nicholas.
According to the City of Victoria Civic Alert;
- Nonemergency city offices will be closed.
- Automated garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will continue as scheduled, though services may be delayed. The city asks residents to leave their waste out through the evening.
- Brush and bulky item pickups that were scheduled for Monday will be rescheduled. Environmental Services will contact residents to reschedule pickups. Other pickups this week will continue as scheduled.
- The landfill and compost/brush site will close at 3 p.m.
- The Victoria Public Library will be closed.
- Riverside Golf Course will be closed
What about City Offices reopening tomorrow?
The civic alert offers that, "The City continues to monitor the local weather forecast and will notify residents if the closures are extended" adding that, "All City facilities will reopen for regular business hours on Tuesday, weather permitting.
Tomorrow's weather is expected to be rainy.
As of Monday morning, tomorrow it looks like Tropical Storm Nicholas is expected to make landfall around 6 to 7 pm tomorrow, Tuesday evening in Port O'Connor.
Tomorrow's high is expected to be around 90 degrees with a low of 70 degrees and a 50% chance of showers are expected, at this time.
Stay tuned on our Townsquare stations for the most up-to-date weather reports, or download our station apps to have weather at your fingertips.
Stay safe Crossroads!