City of Vic Opening Development CNTR for Repair Permits
According to the latest Civic Alert from the City of Victoria webpage,
The City of Victoria Development Center, located at 700 Main Center, Suite 128, will open 12-5 p.m. today so that the City can begin issuing permits and performing inspections for residents who need to perform emergency repairs.
If you are going, you will be able to enter the building through the middle doors facing the parking lot (to the left of the Utility Billing Office).
For questions about permitting, call 361-485-3320 or email email@example.com. To schedule an inspection, call 361-485-3333. For more information and to view and print permitting forms, visit www.victoriatx.gov and click on “Permits.”
Residents do not need to obtain permits prior to the start of emergency repairs; however, a permit must be acquired eventually for all repairs, including any emergency repairs. Permits can only be pulled by a homeowner with a homestead exemption or a licensed contractor.
Residents should also keep in mind the following information:
• Permits are not required for minor repairs such as replacing a section of broken pipe or sheetrock patches when less than 25% of the structure is being repaired.
• All gas line repairs require permits, and all gas lines must be tested prior to service being restored.
• Permits are required for large-scale sheetrock replacements.
• Permits are not required for flooring and other cosmetic repairs.
• The City does not require permits for tree removal. Please follow debris removal notices.
• All contractors must hold a valid contractor’s license with the City of Victoria to perform any work that requires a permit.
All other non-emergency City offices will reopen Monday, Feb. 22.