How You Can Help Victims of Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
On Friday, we ran live video of the aftermath of the devastating earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan. Many of you may be wondering how you can help those affected in their time of need. The following is a list of some of those organizations that are involved in the rescue and recovery efforts and, where applicable, the means by which you can donate to those efforts:
- The Red Cross - Provides donations, first-aid and emotional support for both survivors and rescuers
- Doctors Without Borders - Provides funds that will support medical aid for the injured
- Save The Children - Disaster relief and support specifically for the children of Japan
- Salvation Army - Texting “Japan” or “Quake” to 80888 will donate $10 automatically
- Convoy of Hope - Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to donate $10 to Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Response efforts.
- Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund - "Disburses funds to organizations providing relief and emergency services to victims of the earthquake and tsunami"
- ShelterBox - An organization devoted to providing immediate shelter for those made homeless by major disasters
- International Medical Corps - Major focus on deploying medical needs to affected areas
- Google People Finder - A searchable crowd-sourced log of people affected by the disaster in Japan