Victoria Area to Receive Second Round of COVID Recovery Grants
Crossroadstoday.com reports a total of $92,210 in grants announced by U.S. Senator John Cornyn. This money was approved by Congress in the spring as part of the Cares Act and will be available through the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Senator Cornyn said, “As Texans continue to grapple with the impact of the coronavirus outbreak, it’s critical that we continue to do everything we can to shield them from the economic fallout. I’ll continue to do everything I can to encourage economic recovery in the Victoria area amid this deadly pandemic.” The grantees and amounts awarded are as follows:
- Victoria County - Victoria Housing Authority - $59,725
- Jackson County - Edna Housing Authority - $12,625
- Calhoun County - Port Lavaca Housing Authority - $10,162
- Matagorda County - Palacios Housing Authority - $3,531
- DeWitt County - Cuero Housing Authority - $6,167
The total amount awarded to the area is $92,210 in the form of the Housing Choice Voucher Program fund assigned to the CARES Act Admin Fees Second Award. The funding helps Public Housing Authorities seeking Coronavirus Aid. Back in March, the total funds assigned came out to $472.2 million available for CARES Act Admin fee awards.